We as Global Trolley (Pty) Ltd T/A Velocity Media (“Velocity”, “we”, “our”, or “us”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy and the security of your personal information in accordance with the applicable laws including the South African Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) and the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This policy describes our approach and procedures in respect of:
- The collection, use and disclosure of personal information we may collect from you or that your may provide to us (“Personal Information”) on the https://www.velocitymedia.agency/ website (“website” or “service”) and any of its related products and services (collectively referred to as “services”)
- The options available to you in respect of your Personal Information and how you can access and update it.
This Policy is a legal binding agreement between you (“User, “you”, or “your”) and Velocity. If you are entering into this agreement on behalf of another business or legal entity, you represent that you have the authority to bind such other business or legal entity to this agreement. If you do not have the authority or you do not agree with the terms of this agreement, you must not accept this agreement and may not access and use the website and services. By continuing to use the website and services, you agree that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the terms of this policy.
This policy is not applicable to the practices of companies that we do not own or control, or to individuals that we do not employ or manage.
- Cookies – these are small pieces of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier, stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Data Processors (or Service Providers) – means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various service providers in order to process your data more effectively.
- Data Subject (or User) – refers to any living individual who is using our service and is the subject of Personal Data.
- Personal Data – means data about a living individual who can be identified from this data (or from such data and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Service – means the https://www.velocitymedia.agency website operated by Velocity.
- Usage Data – refers to data collected automatically either generated by the use of the service or from the service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Information Collection And Use
We collect and process personal data / information about you when you:
- Visit our website
- Use our services
- Contact us.
We use your data / information for purposes such as:
- Providing and maintaining our service
- To notify you about changes to our service
- Responding to your enquiries and providing you with customer support
- Monitoring the usage of our service
- Maintaining and improving our website
- Detecting, prevent and addressing technical issues, allowing you to participate in any interactive features of our service if you choose to do so
- Conducting market research
- Providing you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those you have already purchased or enquired about, unless you have opted out of such communications
- Complying with our legal obligations
Here are the types of information we collect, how we use it and how you can manage your preferences:
What data / information we collect
How we use the data / information
How you can manage your data / information
Personal and Professional Data
While using our service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). This may include, amongst others, your email address, first name and last name, phone number, address, state, province, postal code, city and country.
We may use your personal and professional data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you.
You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
You may also choose not to provide us with your personal and professional data / Information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of some of the features on the website.
If you are uncertain about what information is mandatory you are welcome to contact us.
Technical information (usage data)
We only use this information to identify potential cases of abuse, to determine statistics about the usage and traffic of the website and services and to provide a better user experience. This information is not otherwise aggregated in a manner that would identify any particular user of our system.
You can limit the data / information collected by:
Note that these steps can help enhance your privacy but cannot guarantee complete anonymity online. The most effective privacy strategy will depend on your specific requirements and the nature of data you want to protect.
Location Data – We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so (“Location Data”).
We use this data to provide features of our service, to improve and customise our Service.
You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time, through your device settings.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amounts of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our service.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Velocity may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law.
Retention of Data
- Retain and use your personal data to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies
- Retain usage data for internal analysis purposes, but not in a manner that would identify you personally, unless you specifically grant us permission to do so. Usage data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Upon expiry of the retention period, all personal information shall be deleted.
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including personal data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those from your jurisdiction.
Disclosure Of Data
We will not share your personal information with third parties without your consent, except in the following circumstances:
- To third-party service providers who assist with our business operations
- In response to a legal request or as required by law
- In connection with a merger, sale or business transfer.
Velocity may disclose your personal data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Velocity
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the service or the public
- To protect against legal liability.
The security of your data is important to us and we take appropriate measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
“Do Not Track” Signals
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the preferences or settings page of your web browser.
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Velocity aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your personal data. If you wish to be informed what personal data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have about you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your personal data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Velocity relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA). In South Africa, you can contact the Information Regulator at https://inforegulator.org.za/.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our service (“Service Providers”), to provide the service on our behalf, to perform service-related services or to assist us in analysing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your personal data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party service providers to monitor and analyse the use of our service:
- Google Analytics – Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/?hl=en-US
We may use third-party service providers to show advertisements to you to help support and maintain our service:
- Google Ads – Google Ads is a marketing service provided by Google Inc. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customise the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: https://myadcenter.google.com/?sasb=true
- Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page:https://policies.google.com/?hl=en-US
- Facebook – Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc. You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://web.facebook.com/business/marketing/facebook?_rdc=1&_rdr
- To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads visit the Facebook Help Centre > Ad Preferences.
- Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA , the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe , or opt-out using your mobile device settings.
- For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy:https://web.facebook.com/policies_center/
- TikTok – TikTok Ads Manager, provided by TikTok for Business enables marketing to target customers. You can read more about TikTok for Business by visiting this page: https://www.tiktok.com/business/en
- To opt-out from TikTok’s ads, adjust your account and privacy settings on this page: https://support.tiktok.com/en/account-and-privacy/personalized-ads-and-data/how-your-ads-are-personalized
- You can access TikTok’s variety of support resources as well as their terms of service by visiting the following page: https://www.tiktok.com/legal/page/row/terms-of-service/en
- Twitter – provides a way to advertise to a wide audience. YOu can read more about Twitter for Business by visiting this page: https://business.twitter.com/
- To opt out of personalised ads on Twitter, visit the Ads Preferences settings under your Twitter settings page: https://twitter.com/settings/account/personalization
- LinkedIn – LinkedIn is used to for social media marketing, to create and promote events and connect with users, while generating B2B leads.
- You can learn more about LinkedIn’s policies and procedures by visiting: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/user-agreement
- To update your privacy settings on LinkedIn, visit your account preferences page where you can set up security, data privacy, advertising preferences and more: https://www.linkedin.com/mypreferences/d/categories/account
- Optimonk – Optimonk is used for purposes of website personalisation through various popups.
Social Media Features
Our website and services may include links to social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and Instagram. These share buttons and links (collectively referred to as “social media features”) may collect your IP address, what page you are visiting on our website and services, and may set a cookie to enable Social Media Features to function properly. Social media features are hosted either by their respective providers or directly on our website and services. As a user, your interactions with these social media features are governed by the privacy policies of the respective providers.
The payment processors we work with and links to their privacy policies are reflected below:
- Payfast: https://payfast.io/pci-dss/
- Stripe: https://stripe.com/privacy
- Paypal: https://www.paypal.com/za/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
Links To Other Sites
Our service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children have provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s internet usage and to help enforce this policy by instructing their children to never provide Personal Information through the website and services without parental permission.
In the event that Velocity becomes aware of a data breach, for example as a result of external activity including security attacks and fraud, we reserve the right to take reasonable steps including investigating and reporting, as well as notifying and cooperating with law enforcement authorities. In the event of a data breach we will make reasonable efforts to notify affected individuals if we believe that there is a reasonable risk of harm to the User as a result of such breach of ir notice is otherwise required by law. We will send such notifications through our website and via email.